- Don’t Be A Hard Hitter. Run quietly to lower risk of injury. Excessive impact is the number one cause of injury
- Don’t Be A Bouncer. Avoid excessive vertical displacement by maintaining adequate quad strength and avoiding “prancing.”
- Don’t Be A Side-Swinger. Swing your arms smoothly from your shoulders, with elbows bent and your body still.
- Don’t Throw Your Hips Around. Strengthen your gluteus medius to avoid excessive lateral displacement, which can put stress on your IT band and cause hip and knee problems.
- Don’t Over-Do It. Running too much, too soon, too fast leads to injury.