This past winter brought the phrases “Polar Vortex” and “Arctic Blast” into our national conversation. Frigid temperatures and crippling storms interrupted many training plans, but it does not have to interrupt your next winter training season. By understanding how the body reacts to cold weather, and how to accommodate its needs, it’s possible to continue running in almost any winter condition.
Join me for a free webinar in which I’ll comb through relevant research and clinical experience to keep you training through even the coldest winter’s weather. By the end of this webinar you will understand:
· the physiology of cold weather
· the body’s response and adaptation to cold weather
· course design for cold weather running
· how to adjust your biomechanics for inclement weather
· what clothing and gear you’ll need
· fueling, preparation, and recovery strategies to optimize your training in cold
· alternatives to outdoor running
Want to attend this FREE webinar? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up! You will receive a confirmation email with log-in details by noon the day of the webinar.