After decades of anticipation, two veteran running journalists have come together to capture vivid images of 37 years of the Marine Corps Marathon in a lavishly illustrated commemorative hardcover photo book.
For the first time ever you can relive the glory, struggle, and inspiring images of nearly four decades of the People’s Marathon! Whether you or someone you know has run the race last year or 30 years ago, that journey has finally been captured in 150 art-book quality pages, brought to you by two of the world’s most experienced MCM running journalists.
Through the lens, you will experience the pageantry of the race, Marines in action, personalities over the years, the bling, the triumphant post-911 race, the ecstasy and the misery from within the race, and more from one of the world’s most revered endurance events.
This book is sure to be a collector’s keepsake for years to come. Release date late April 2013. Reserve your copy today! www.mcmphotobook.com
BROUGHT TO YOU BY TWO OF THE WORLD’S MOST EXPERIENCED MCM RUNNING JOURNALISTS!
Steve Nearman has reported on running for The Washington Post, The Washington Times, The New York Times, Running USA and many other publications for the past three decades, and is the event director for the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon, now in its fourth year. He lives in Alexandria, Va., with his wife Melanie and son Jonathan. He has run four marathons including the 100th Boston Marathon and enjoys a competitive masters track career as a middle-distance runner. Nearman has covered every Marine Corps Marathon since 1982 except for 2004.
Jeff Horowitz is an experienced runner, coach, youth non-profit program director and author. He’s raced in over 170 marathons and ultramarathons across the U.S. and around the world, and is a running, cycling and triathlon coach. He is a college instructor, the author of My First 100 Marathons; 2,620 Miles With An Obsessive Runner (Skyhorse Press 2008) and Smart Marathon Training (Velo Press). He has also been an editor, and is a frequent contributor to various running and fitness magazines.
Jeff is a certified running, cycling, and triathlon coach, and is the author of "My First 100 Marathons" (Skyhorse Press 2008) and "Smart Marathon Training" (Velo Press 2011). An obviously addicted runner, Jeff has run at least one marathon in every state and on 6 continents, including marathons in South Africa, China, Bangkok, and Antarctica.
Jeff is available for group, one-on-one, and virtual coaching. Options include:
1. Basic Training Plan. This includes a customized training schedule geared towards a goal race, with a detailed running schedule that would include all distances and target times for each workout, including speedwork, tempo, and endurance sessions.
2. Complete Fitness and Race Plan. This includes the plan listed above, plus the non-running workouts and drills that runners need for better overall fitness and performance. You would get strength & core workouts, as well as run-specific training drills and stretches.
3. Virtual Coaching. This includes all of the above, implemented on a week-by-week basis. We review each week's progress at week's end so that adjustments can be made. The program is tailored to suit you right up to race day. It involves more contact, on a weekly or even daily basis.
4. Full Coaching for athletes in the Washington DC area. All of the above, plus a weekly workout together including speedwork, drills, and strength training.
5. Individual track sessions. One-on-one track-based workouts.
Contact Jeff for pricing.