10. Well-meaning spectators at mile 12 who yell out, “you’re half-way there!”
9. Bagels! Can we ever get away from these bagels?!
8. Friends and relatives who complain about getting tired from just watching the
7. Having to choose between a leafless bush and a stinky port-a-john
6. Friends who approach you after the race, poke your leg, and ask if it hurts
5. Runners who don’t pay attention to where they’re spitting
4. The fact that the last .2 of a mile feels a lot more like 2 miles. Where is that
3. Friends and relatives who ask how long your marathon was. It was 26.2 miles.
They’re ALL 26.2 miles! That’s what makes it a marathon! Yeeesh.
2. Shoe laces that only decide to stay firmly tied when you’re trying to get the
chip off your foot
And the number one annoying thing about running a marathon:
1. Not knowing what to do now with all that free time on Saturday or Sunday