The Associated Press reported that the body of long-distance runner Micah True, who was made famous in Christopher McDougall’s best-seller Born To Run, was found Saturday in a wilderness area near New Mexico’s Gila National Forest. True, also known as Caballo Blanco (the White Horse) to the residents of the remote Mexican canyons where he loved to run, had gone out four days earlier for a 12-mile run and failed to return. The cause of death is unknown, but there were no obvious signs of trauma.
Jeff is a certified running, cycling, and triathlon coach, and is the author of "My First 100 Marathons" (Skyhorse Press 2008) and "Smart Marathon Training" (Velo Press 2011). An obviously addicted runner, Jeff has run at least one marathon in every state and on 6 continents, including marathons in South Africa, China, Bangkok, and Antarctica.
Jeff is available for group, one-on-one, and virtual coaching. Options include:
1. Basic Training Plan. This includes a customized training schedule geared towards a goal race, with a detailed running schedule that would include all distances and target times for each workout, including speedwork, tempo, and endurance sessions.
2. Complete Fitness and Race Plan. This includes the plan listed above, plus the non-running workouts and drills that runners need for better overall fitness and performance. You would get strength & core workouts, as well as run-specific training drills and stretches.
3. Virtual Coaching. This includes all of the above, implemented on a week-by-week basis. We review each week's progress at week's end so that adjustments can be made. The program is tailored to suit you right up to race day. It involves more contact, on a weekly or even daily basis.
4. Full Coaching for athletes in the Washington DC area. All of the above, plus a weekly workout together including speedwork, drills, and strength training.
5. Individual track sessions. One-on-one track-based workouts.
Contact Jeff for pricing.