Train Smart DC
Fuel. Perform. Achieve.
D.C.’s only comprehensive coaching program. Train Smart DC
Rock D.C. with Us! at the Rock and Roll USA Marathon and Half Marathon on March 17, 2012. If you are running any spring marathon, half marathon, or 10 miler in late March or early April, this program will get you to the start, ready to go!
Train Smart D.C. is an 8 week comprehensive program by the best and brightest in running coaching, sports nutrition, and injury prevention.
- Jeff Horowitz, USA Track & Field Coach, USA Cycling Coach, USA Triathlon Coach, Road Runners Club of America, AFAA (weight-training specialization).
- Rebecca Scritchfield, MA, RD, ACSM Health Fitness Specialist
- Kevin Maggs, B.S., D.C., ART
We’re coming together to help you get to the finish better, faster, and smarter!
This innovative program eliminates junk miles, paring down training to three essential runs per week, adding essential nutrition principles to fuel for the finish, and adding gait analysis for technique improvement and injury prevention.
Runners will train for their best performance in less time and avoid the burnout that come from running too much.
Registration Fee of $499 includes:
- 45 minute individualized video gait analysis with Kevin to focus on improved performance and/or injury prevention.
- Sports nutrition fueling plan. Individual 60-minute consultation with Rebecca to develop a customized nutrition plan.
- Specialized full or half marathon training plan with Jeff.
- Weekend group training. Don’t like running alone? No problem! Join the group for our 9 a.m. runs on Saturdays/Sundays leaving from Dupont Circle, Georgetown, or Bethesda. Each run will start with a brief “team talk” on important topics related to training preparation and racing. Schedule forthcoming.
- Copy of Smart Marathon Training Jeff’s new book that shows runners how to eliminate junk miles and cross train to prevent injury.
- Weekly email with training, nutrition, and injury prevention tips.
- Discounts on 2012 races and local running store offers.
- Free training swag.